ชื่อ_________________________เลขที่_______ชั้น ม. 6/6
1. Sales of the inexpensive cars soared the last few years but they plummeted in 2003 because of concerns about quality and financial problems.
Changed / dropped / explored / modified
2. Because the _________ budget is so small this year, breakthroughs into new international markets will be minimal.
advertising / adjusting / adamant / administration
3. These animals are very rare and ______ protected by law.
there for / despite / on account of / whereas
4. I’ll finish the job, ______ how long it takes.
whereas / likewise / no matter / hence
5. Ann studied Asian languages and culture _______ she wanted to do business in Asia
unless / while / since / however / although
6. What is amnesia? If you say only that it is loss of memory, you include in the group of amnesiacs any man
who forgets his wife’s birthday. ________, amnesia is something a bit more sinister. It is loss of memory, to be sure, but it is of the sort brought on by injury, overwork, worry, or a nasty blow on the head.
Consequently / On account of / Actually / In spite of
7. Jackson is not rich________ he is generous.
as if / since / even though / but
8. ________ what I say, she never listens.
While / No matter / Is / Beside
9. ________it was clear that the accused was having significant psychiatric problems, the appeals court threw out his life sentence.
Because / Even though / So / Given
10. Direk was always an a student throughout his high school years _____________________. He must have been sick at that time last year.
as a result, he got into medical school / there, he decided to further his studies abroad /
however, he did not pass the entrance exam / Indeed, he was my former student
11. Over the next decade, automation and the mechanism of production will improve and transform farming, industrial plants and service industries._______, they will make our leisure time more productive, creative and interesting.
On the contrary / In addition / Consequently / Nevertheless
12. The future of newspapers is cloudy, with overall readership slowly declining________ increasing competition from television and the Internet.
Due / in spite / because / accordingly
13. ________ wall street’s crash, the suicide rate in New York City went up.
Because / When / due to / According to
14. The flowers bloomed earlier but are languishing now ________ the heat and lack of rain.
because of / because / owing to / due to
15. _________ we often assume that old age brings about poor health, only 20% of the elderly claim poor health to be a serious problem
If / Although / Since / When
16. Traditionally, puppet performances are based on stories adapted from classic Thai literature, such as “Phra Apaimanee”. This time, ________, the Ramayana episode will be made into a full show.
consequently / furthermore / therefore / however
17. _________ it was high-priced, he bought a car.
In spite of / However / Despite / Although
18. _______ most people like to sleep approximately eight hours a day, researchers believe we can survive comfortably on half that much. (Ent. Oct’ 45)
As we know that / In spite of the fact that / Whenever it looks like / Even so it seem to be
19. _______ we get some rain, the dying crops will be ruined.
Unless / Only / Despite / Whenever
20. Just_______ you’re rich, doesn’t mean you can buy anything with your riches.
because of / for instance / because / which
21. _______ they wouldn’t need to take dishes, the boy packed a picnic lunch of sandwiches and fruit.
So / While / Because / since
22. He will never succeed_______ much he may try.
how / however / though / as
23. ________the heavy rain, the party has been cancelled.
Because / Because of / Since / For this reason
24. Games are very good for one; ________ one must not play too much.
more over / as well as / on the other hand / or else
25. When found that insomnia tended to be a chronic problem that gets more persistent over time________ depression was a more intermittent problem.
whereas / although / therefore / however
26. _______we often assume that old age brings about poor health, only 20% of the elderly claim to be a serious problem.
If / Although / Since / When
27. The kids didn’t study. ________, they failed the course.
Therefore / Nonetheless / Otherwise / On the other hand